Occipital, Inc. (USA) is a leader in spatial computing. Our most notable products include our Structure Sensor line of 3D scanners, our Structure SDK 3D scanning software platform, and our mobile app for 3D scanning homes, Canvas, which was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
We’re seeking a 3D modeler to join our team and play an important role in making the “magic” happen for customers of Canvas. Every day, our customers scan homes and upload those scans to our Scan To CAD service, which processes that data into CAD files, 2D drawings, and BIM models in various formats. That pipeline includes a mix of the latest computer vision and AI algorithms, advanced tools, and human operators, but they simply get an email within ~24 hours saying their files are ready.
Our customers frequently refer to this as their “easy button for as-builts,” and you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day of the performance aspect of the pipeline.
- Develop high-quality, detailed 3D models from 3D scans using ArchiCAD software.
- Collaborate closely with other modelers when working on a large-area 3D model.
- Inspect and review 3D models for accuracy, and adherence to the Spec documentation.
- Adjust and revise 3D models based on the feedback from QAs, managers, and customers.
- Tracking own production metrics and making sure they fit the company standards.
Required skills, background and experience:
- Background in Architecture, Design, 3D, or a related field.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in 3D modeling, preferably within an architectural or design-focused context.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using ArchiCAD software.
- A solid understanding of architectural principles.
- Ability to interpret architectural plans and convert them into accurate 3D models.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to quickly switch between multiple projects.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Skills and background that would be benefits:
- Prior experience in a similar role within an architectural firm or in the construction industry.
- Advanced knowledge of other 3D modeling and rendering software such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, or Revit.
- Intermediate English language proficiency
- Experience with BIM (Building Information Modeling) processes.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of 3D modeling projects.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, with a creative approach to operation challenges.
If you are a proactive, organized individual with a passion for 3D modeling and a desire to make a difference in the world of 3D scanning, architecture, and design, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team. At Canvas, we value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply.